4.04.2008

Informative Timeline

More, More, More Evolution of Icons:

In the process of evolving my icons I realized that as I made them simpler the subject matter became clearer. Because of the addition of my newest sets, (one's without wear & tear and leading up too), some of the flaws in my earlier decision making became more apparent. In the beginning I was focusing too much on the actual object than on the physical wear & tear . Because of that, I created more problems for myself than necessary in the long run. Although I've found a "happy place" with this New Evolution of my icons, I plan on revisiting the previous ones to elaborate more on the subject of the wear & tear, seeing that, bringing out those features was my initial purpose.







Since I chose time as my research angle, I decided that a visual Time Line would work best to show the wear and tear of my objects. Here are the extremities of each icon (icons on the left show each item before it was manipulated, and after on the right). Although the actual style and form of the objects aren't changing over time, progressively the static objects gain physical features relating to the nature of the objects' environments and how their surfaces are affected.

Is this effective so far?

No comments: