4.20.2008

Project 3 Statement

From this project, the greatest thing I learned was how important it is to know your content and be able to apply different design devices to it in order to make your content stronger, not weaker. A lot of the time I tended to bring in stylistic elements that didn't really relate to my content but were visually what I wanted to include. Before I tried adding in things like animations and at times I completely forgot about my content and how it was supposed to speak to household object that were shabby yet antiqued.
I also realized how important it was to work on both the magazine spreads and the info graphic simultaneously because you want them to feel whole and not separate with each other. I specifically focused on relating my image content throughout and using color to denote importance.

No comments: